Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sweet 16 -- PP3357

August 13, 2017

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  




The sensational Sandy is our hostess this week!  Her color challenge is so pretty!  I was a little stumped at first, but then I ended up having several ideas with the palette. Have fun and we can't wait to see how you use these colors! 




My card is created on a white card base.  I used the MFT Bold Stripes Die to create the fun frame and layers.  I used Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral stripes.  A Pear Pizzazz starburst frame was created around the white sunburst circle and adhered on top of the bold stripes frame.   I cut the "16" from Bermuda Bay using Stampin' Up!  Large Number Framelit dies.  I used the MFT Fall Florals  stamp set to create the flowers and the leaves.  Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay ink was used on the flowers and Pear Pizzazz was used on the leaves.  The matching dies were used to cut out all the pieces.  Enamel dots were used in the center of each flower.  The word "sweet" is cut three times in Calypso Coral using the Tayolred Expressions die and Glossy Accents was added to create lots of shine.  A little Bermuda Bay heart was placed in the script.  This card was created for my niece, Olivia.  She turned 16 this week.  




The Paper Players Design Team
Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!!
All stamping products are welcome.  Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

HUGS!
Claire

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to celebrate a sweet 16 Claire - I love the flowers against the striped background and the glossy sentiment with the inlaid heart is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Claire! Perfect for a sweet sixteen. Your niece is sure to treasure it. I live the striped background and the glossy layered sentiment is fabulous! Lovely card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such clever layers, starting with that beautiful striped background. I like the contrast between the straight lines and the curves of the 'sweet' and the numbers and flowers. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect colors for a sweet 16! I love that fun striped background and glossy sentiment too.

    Have a great day Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright, vibrant card for a 16 year old; your niece is sure to love it! I love the inlaid background and shiny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors are perfect for a 16 year old girl! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll bet your niece loved this card! The bold striped background and floral framed sentiment is so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! What a lovely card...she'll love it! That background die is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful Sweet 16 card Claire! LOVE that striped background die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, you really embraced the colors with this fabulous sweet 16 card. It's just perfect for a young lady. I love the die! I'm sure Olivia loved this gorgeous card.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!