Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Happy Birthday, You Party Animal--FM217

July 21, 2015

Today is my Grandson's first birthday!  HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday Robert Joseph!!




My card for today is for the Friday Mashup challenge.  This week the challenge is:




This week's Mashup Challenge:
  • Create a project with the "Sketch."
  • Create a project with a "Pet theme."
  • or Mash it Up and create a project with "Pets using the Sketch."
Ok, I only have a million stamps sets and can you believe, I don't have any stamps with pets?!?!?  I finally found this funny cat in my Halloween stash.  It worked out perfectly because my sister's birthday is this week and she is a huge cat lover. 


The base card is white and the rest of the paper come from the "Fancy Pants, True Friends"  6 x 6 paper pack.  I cut the stitched border on the turquoise strip with the border from Pretty Pink Posh.   The balloons are paper pieced with matching paper.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle-Party Animal .  It is stamped in black Versa Fine ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The cat is colored with Copic Markers.  Two candy dots were added for fun.  A black gel pen was used to highlight the eyes, nose and mouth on the cat.  


Thanks for stopping by today!  Please leave a comment.  I love to hear from you!

Until next time!
Hugs!!
Claire


3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, cute card Claire and adorable pic of your grandson! I can relate to not having any animal stamps too, strange problem when we have so many stamps, huh! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup, love seeing your cards pop up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the papers you chose and the cat is too cute!

    Speaking of cute, your grandson seems to be wondering what is all over his hands LOL Love it!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire,
    that photo is AWESOME - it made me laugh out loud and I just know that this photo is going to make an appearance on his wedding day :-). Happy Birthday Robert Joseph.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!