Sunday, June 28, 2015

It's the Little Things That Make Life Big -PP251

June 28, 2015

I am so glad to be back blogging.  I took a week off to be with my Granddaughters.  We had so much fun!  It was such a busy week and I am tired!  LOL!  I hope to get back in my craft room today! 

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  This week the ever so talented, Nance is our hostess.  She has a fantastic sketch for all of us! 



My card is created using a white card base.  (5 1/2 X 4 1/4)  The tops layer is a piece of patterned paper from Doddlebug, Patriotic Picnic Paper Pack .  I loved the ants all over it!  Aren't there always ants that appear when eating watermelon outside?  A white circle was cut with my stitched circle dies and adhered on top of the ant paper.  I used the red and white polka dots in the pack to add the strip across the front.  I also used the gray and white polka dots from the same paper pack and cut the end using my snips to make the banner end.  

The watermelon boy was colored with Copic Markers.  It is a digit stamp I purchased from Etsy by Deidre Mosher Art.  I added some black gel pen on his nose and freckles.  The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz, Black and White Small Talk Stickers.  Three red candy dots were added for fun!



I am so glad you stopped by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you!

The design team have some fabulous creations as inspiration for you.  I hope you will check out their blogs and then come and play along with us.

The Paper Players Design Team

Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun!

Please link up your creation here! All stamping products are welcome! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.  This linky will close on Friday, July 3rd at Noon (PST).


Have a wonderful week!!!

Hugs,
Claire




14 comments:

  1. How stinkin' adorable Claire! Love those freckles that just make me smile :) Your joy for life shines in every card you make. And the sentiment....... well that just says it all! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jodi! You are so kind! :) XX

      Delete
  2. Too cute! Love the little guy eating his watermelon, the perfect summer treat! Fantastic card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Love the little guy eating his watermelon, the perfect summer treat! Fantastic card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this has to be one of the cutest cards on the planet! I am still grinning! A home run with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Linda! I am glad I made you smile! XXX

      Delete
  5. Such a fun card, Claire! Love the goofy looking little guy enjoying his watermelon! It wasn't until I looked at the close up of your card that I realized the pattern in the background is ants. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card, Claire! Love that kid eating the watermelon and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks so much for the warm welcome to the team. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so cute! I love that image..his face just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling card, Claire! You are rockin' the Copic markers--great coloring--love the goofy grin on the boy. Like Sandy, I didn't realize the BG paper was ants either at first. Great choice of all the papers, colors and images. Thanks for makin' my sketch look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fab card Claire - that goofy little boy reminds me of my son and makes me laugh out loud! Your colouring is amazing and the ant paper is just the perfect background. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL....the image is cute enough but when I saw that any paper, I cracked up! How fun and perfect for your little watermelon-chompin' boy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He sure looks like a happy little fella with his big ol' hunk of melon!! This is super duper cute Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!