Monday, June 22, 2015

Celebrate- Always Playing With Paper-The Challenge #40

June 22, 2015

It's Monday and time to for a new challenge at Always Playing With Paper-The Challenge!  This week we have a Nautical theme challenge!  We can't wait to see what you create!  



My card was created for my Grandson Robert.  He will be one in July.  He is such a happy little fellow.  I wanted it to be a bright, fun card filled with lots of love.
This little bear is a digi stamp.  I colored him with Copic Markers and fussy cut him.  I sat him aside and then I played with all the patterns of paper in the Doddlebug Patirotic Picnic pack.  I finally decide which ones I liked together and got to work on the rest of my card. 


My base card is white. (5 1/2 X 4 1/4)  The next layer is Real Red. (5 1/4 X 4).  
The next layer is the star pattern from the pack.  I added a strip of a different paper in the middle and then added one more paper in blue with white stars.  Red, White and Blue Baker's twine was twisted around the card 3 times.  I mounted a white stitched circle to one side and used foam tape to pop the sailor.  I added a bow of Baker's twine and also found a red button in my stash.  The sentiment was stamped in Versa Mark and heat embossed with Zing, Rouge Embossing powder.  I added 3 enamel dots to finish my card.



Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!  

Be sure to stop by The Challenge to see the gorgeous projects by the rest of the Design Team! 


Anita Madden
Claire Broadwater--You're here
Nance Salkeld
Karolyn LonconJune featured designer
Laurie from Stamping Up North, guest designer 


Have a great week!

Hugs,
Claire



8 comments:

  1. Claire, that is such an adorable card for your grandson! Love the layout and the papers. I can bet your grandson is going to have the biggest 1st celebration ever! Happy Birthday to him and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and fun card...love your fabulous little bear, too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this is absolutely adorable! What a fabulous card for your little grandson's birthday. A cute bear combined with Doodlebug Design papers (one of my favorite paper lines) makes for a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Claire!!!! Love all the details with red white and blue!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic card for a July birthday - and especially for a little one! Love the fun image and patterns. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, Claire; just perfect for your grandson! I love it in the patriotic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card and brave bear sailor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!